Looking for Great Ideas
A great idea has specific qualities that you know intuitively that they are when you see them. Here are three qualities in particular:
- Utility – great ideas serve a real purpose, they meet a need or create a value.
- Simplicity – great ideas are pure and clear, sophisticated yet elegantly simple.
- Vitality – great ideas have energy and liveliness all their own.
Finding great ideas can often be a challenge. To find great ideas you need to:
- Be open and curious. Listening to everything as if for the first time, without judgement, as if it can have some value to you.
- Be diligent. Persistently and relentlessly looking everywhere, all the time, for insights and ideas. Be disciplined in writing down your ideas and rigorously testing them for validity.
- Be Involved. Put something of yourself into the idea. Put all you’ve got into the idea i.e. skills, talents, passion, etc.
Source: Wow! That’s a Great Idea Navigator Guide, www.WowGreatIdea.com